Since 1960, the College of Medicine Alumni Association has carried on the cherished tradition of honoring alumni who have distinguished themselves as outstanding professional and personal achievers in their fields and who have loyally dedicated their time and service to UF. These individuals have given much time and energy to support the university’s welfare and progress. That progress depends not only on academic excellence but also on the professional accomplishments and dedicated service of the university’s alumni.
The UF College of Medicine Awards Program was established to recognize individuals who have contributed to the success of the college and whose accomplishments have brought honor and distinction to themselves and to the College of Medicine. The UF College of Medicine Awards Program honors alumni, faculty, staff, students and friends of the college. And, the Alumni Association is proud to honor these recipients in the presence of UF faculty, administrators, and friends at annual awards celebrations.
College of Medicine Wall of Fame
The Wall of Fame Award and Recognition Ceremony began in 1988 to recognize outstanding alumni who have made contributions to medicine, government, education and the community. Since the inception of the wall, the college has recognized alumni who serve as legacies to the far-reaching impact that a UF medical education has on the betterment of health and human lives. Each year, a UF College of Medicine alumna or alumnus is selected to receive the Wall of Fame honor and will be presented at Alumni Weekend. Those honored are pictured in a display in the Founders Gallery of the Academic Research Building.
Criteria for consideration
- Individual honored must be a graduate of the UF College of Medicine.
- Individual must have made significant contributions in one or more of the following areas: medicine, government, education and the community.
Nominations may be made by any alumnus, Housestaff alumnus, faculty or student. Nominations are forwarded to a selection committee composed of UF medical alumni and faculty who review all nominations and determine the appropriate honoree.
UF School of Physician Assistant Studies Distinguished Alumni Award
- Individual honored must be a graduate of the UF College of Medicine School of Physician Assistant Studies (prior Santa Fe graduates included).
- Individual must have made significant contributions in one or more of the following areas: medicine, government, education and/or the community.
- Nominations may be made by any alumnus, faculty, student or staff member. Nominations are forwarded to a selection sub-committee of the UF PA Alumni Advisory Board, which reviews all nominations and determines the appropriate honoree.
Alumni Award Nomination Form